CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 29, 2009

Spring/Summer Pleasures

So today I was outside in the hot sun doing two of my favorite things to do in the spring. I picked strawberries this morning, which in a couple of weeks will be a chore and not nearly as exciting, I love rustling through the foliage until I find a pretty red strawberry. It's like a treasure hunt, and you get to eat the treasure and it's good for you. I also hung my clothes out on the clothesline, who needs to add the heat from the dryer to an already hot house? I never feel more domestic than when I hang clothes out to dry. You'll find me sniffing my clothes and bed linens for days after. LOVE IT!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I always hated the hung outside smell. But maybe it was the Nebraska humdity. I think the two things you love to do most in the spring are both chores. You should take a break.

BrookieT said...

That sounds like a fulfilling day. I wish we could hang out our laundry in our neighborhood- but it's against some covenant rule or something. Lame!

Stacey said...

I just read in my Better Homes and Garden magazine that they are trying to get a national law passed, Right to Dry, or something like that. Isn't it absurd what we waste our taxpayers money on? How distracting is it to have your clothes hanging in your backyard to anyone else, really?

Post a Comment