CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First day of School!

It's amazing how the pliable the human brain is. So easily conditioned. When I was in college and even after Jacob was born I detested quiet. I wanted noise all the time, it's probably because that was what I was raised with and worked with, and lived with. I would go out of my way to make it noisier, like turning on the TV, simply for background noise. I rarely actually sat down and watched it at all. Now it's 1:40 in the afternoon on the first day of school 7 years later, Maddie and Annabelle are napping and I have had peace and quiet for almost 2 HOURS! And I love it. Obviously I miss my children, but just think what a happier mom I'll be at 2:45 because I had time to regroup in silence. Ahhh...don't you love school?

Here are a few pictures of my BIG kids going off to school. Jacob started 2nd grade and Lorelei started kindergarten, and Madalyn, she was a little bummed that she couldn't join them. The first picture is of our back to school party we had on Friday night. It was a blast!


It was torture for them to wait until I found my camera, they wanted that school bus cake!


Madalyn


Lorelei - Doesn't she look the part of a little school girl? As soon as I saw that outfit I knew it was meant for us. LOVE IT!


I wish the full body shot of Jacob hadn't come out blurry because then you could've seen his awesome shoes he picked out. Come to find out - Jacob has pretty good taste.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

They look adorable. It was fun to dress Lauren for her preschool orientation today. Of course she picked something that I wouldn't have picked out for her, but I made it work.

Lauren continues to ask me to draw pictures of your family, and have now drawn more pictures of your family than of our family.

Also I have about 10 notes Lauren made for Maddie with the intentions of mailing them.

Post a Comment