CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 7, 2009

Book Review: Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree


Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree by Robert Barry

This is my all time favorite Christmas book. My mother has read this book to me at least once a year for as many years as I can remember. I even had her read it to me when she came around Christmas time a couple of years ago, just after Madalyn was born. It has now become a tradition in my little family to read it the night we trim the tree. However, my kids love it and I read it many more times than that. It just doesn't feel like Christmas without Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree.

It is the story of Mr. Willowby who gets a giant Christmas tree and puts in up in his house only to find that it's too tall. So the butler chops off the top and gives it to the maid who finds that it's too tall for her room and chops off the top. The top keeps getting passed from person to person and from animal to animal. It rhymes delightfully and it's just fabulous. Read it, I know you'll love it! I got all excited when our Christmas tree this year was too tall for our house, so much so that I took a picture of our tree that was exactly like Mr. Willowby's. See?

2 comments:

Alissa said...

It sure does look like Mr. W's tree! Happy belated birthday to Maddie! (Not that she really knows who I am anyway but I love her all the same!)
I'm glad you survived the tree adventure it sounded like quite the experience.
LOVE YOU!!!

Lindsey said...

We read this story growing up, too and I loved it. Ours was in a book with lots of stories, I didn't know it was published separately.

Post a Comment