So ever since I first saw "Emma" with Gwenyth Paltrow I have studied the hairstyles to see if I could master any of them. They are so intricate and so beautiful. You can ask my younger sisters, as they were the poor souls that sat through some rather frustrating attempts. Well, I think I finally figured at least one out, or at least as close as I can come without being able to get up close and study it. So this one is for Alissa and Stephanie. Luckily my 4-year old was accomodating on this day. She calls it her "Fancy Nancy" hairdo, which works too. It may or may not be too grown up for a 4-year old but it was beautiful. Start with extra curly hair. I convinced Lorelei to wear foam curlers to bed, so her hair was nice and curly. Then starting from the bottom of the hair, pull the hair into at least three ponytails. You start from the bottom to hide the parts. Then just start pinning the hair up until it looks right. I left a little down because that's how Harriet is wearing her hair at the end of Emma while they are in the greenhouse. Then just take little ribbons and tie in some bows or whatever else pretty you have. If the ends of your ribbon stick out funny just use your curling iron to curl them. She loved it as you can see in the last picture.


5 comments:
super fancy! Wow. I'm impressed.
I think that is gorgeous! I am curious, though, how long these hair-do's last...
This one stayed in all day, which surprised me. I try and stay away from "delicate" hairstyles since I have a very playful daughter.
It looked better on me, but I am rather biased. Alissa siad that Lorelei need to lose the claw bang, just because we all had one growing up doesn't mean that she has to have one.
They aren't claw bangs. Our bangs went clear back to the middle of our heads. She looks better with bangs and she's not old enough to have the side swept bangs that are in fashion nowadays.
Post a Comment