CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

4th of July Fare

So in case some of you are planning on grilling some hamburgers for the 4th of July picnic here is the recipe for the BEST hamburger I have ever eaten. Now you must understand, I've never really liked hamburgers. If we go to a hamburger restaurant, I usually order chicken. I remember once when I was little we were having hamburgers for dinner and I didn't want to eat it, but Mom said I had to have a bite. So I took my bite, excused myself from the table and went to the bathroom and spit my bite into a piece of toilet paper. She never said i had to swallow it. That being said Greg and I made these and I wanted seconds! The barbecue sauce is fantastic on everything, chicken, pork, and I even throw a little in my meatloaf. MMMMMM!!!!! I hope you enjoy it too!

Barbecued Burgers
SAUCE:
1 c. ketchup
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/3 c. sugar
1/4 c. honey
1/4 c. molasses (I've omitted this before and it still tasted great)
2 t. prepared mustard
1 1/2 t. worcestershire sauce
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. Liquid smoke
1/8 t. pepper

BURGERS:
1 egg beaten
1/3 c. quick oats
1/4 t. onion salt
1/4 t. garlic salt
1/4 t. pepper
1/8 t. salt
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
6 hamberuger buns, split (don't get the cheapy buns get a good Kaiser roll and toast it, fabulous!)
Toppings of your choice

Directions: In a small saucepan, combine the 1st 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Set aside 1 c. barbecue sauce to serve with burgers.
In a bowl, combine the egg, oats, 1/4 c. of the remaining barbecue sauce, onion salt, garlic salt, pepper, and salt. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into 6 patties. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees, basting with 1/2 c. barbecue sauce during the last 5 minutes. If desired put sliced cheese on top the last couple of minutes of cooking to allow it melt. Serve on buns with toppings of your choice and reserved barbecue sauce. Yield 6 servings.

1 comments:

BrookieT said...

Hmmmmm- sounds really good!

Post a Comment