CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 8, 2011

Do Unto Otters

It's been awhile, I know but well, we've just been reveling in the fact that we are all healthy (it's been a long time)and enjoying the slightly warmer weather (although I can't say it's officially spring yet.)

I thought I would share one of our favorite new kids' books. It's called "Do Unto Otters" by Laurie Keller. A rabbit comes home to his tree to find out that Otters have moved to the river next door and he is a little concerned that they won't like each other. The wise owl tells him to "Do unto otters as you would have otters do unto you." The remainder of the book goes through the rabbit explaining how he'd like otters to treat him in a very humorous but very effective way. My kids love love love it. I am sure I read it about 3 times a week at minimum. A fantastic way to introduce manners and being considerate to others. Apparently you can watch and listen to someone read the book on YouTube and I also found out they are making a movie based on the book.
Enjoy!

1 comments:

Will and Heidi said...

sounds like a very cute book.

Post a Comment