I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine and it's fabulous! Even if you aren't a big rhubarb fan, you will love this!
Rhubarb Slush
8 c. diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
1 pkg. (16 oz.) fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries
3 c. sugar
8 c. water
1 pkg. (3 oz.) strawberry jell-o
1/2 c. lemon juice
Ginger ale or lemon-lime soda, chilled
In a Dutch oven, bring the rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Press through a sieve; discard pulp. Stir in jell-o and lemon juice until dissolved. Transfer to a freezer container and freeze, stirring occasionally, until firm (I haven't ever stirred mine and it seems to work fine). May be frozen for up to 3 months. To use slush: In a punch bowl or several pitchers, combine equal amonuts of rhubarb mixture and ginger ale. Or for one serving, combine 1/2 c. rhubarb mixture and 1/2 c. ginger ale in a glass, adjust according to taste.
Enjoy!
Deals
1 year ago

1 comments:
Well hello! I found you through a comment on Brooke's blog! I'll look forward to following the events in your family. Check out our blog too! OH, and I'm SO SORRY that I missed you when ALL THE REST OF MY FAMILY was in your hometown for my sister's wedding. She married someone from your ward, I guess?? Anyway, I was so bummed that I couldn't make it becuase I had to get back home to be in charge of Girls camp. Anyway, I'm excited to keep in touch with you better through blogging!
Post a Comment