CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Heart Hair

I realize that Valentine's Day is a little while off, but I wanted to post a hair do and I found this one from last year. It is Lorelei's absolute favorite do. If I did it as often as she requested it she would have it at least once a week. Unfortunately for her I like a little more variety than that. I only have one picture, we must have been running late for church (as always). So this is actually quite easy. You make a nice neat half ponytail (a talent all in itself, I still haven't mastered that)and then split it in two sections. Either corkscrew braid (divide into two sections and twist both in the same direction and then twist together in the opposite direction) or regular braid each section and put in some clear ponytail holders (you can use color and take them out later, but I like a little added security). Stick your finger in the middle of the half ponytail above the ponytail holder and pull your sections up through. So it flips it and the sections should automatically curve a little. Bring the braided sections down and combine with the hair that has been left down. Make another ponytail and then kind of shape the heart and if you have a very wiggly child add a couple of bobby pins to help keep it's shape. Add a pretty bow on the bottom ponytail and you can take out the ponytail holders from the braids if you feel confident that they'll stay in, my bow would hide the holders you can see in the picture. Curl the ponytail and there you have it. This stays better if done on pretty wet hair, so either spray it down or do it right from the tub. If you do it on dry hair use a lot of pomade (wax) to keep the flyaways from driving you crazy later.

5 comments:

Sharee said...

Cute!! I hope she never cuts her own hair all the way off! :)

Lindsey said...

That is so cute and so fun for Valentine's Day!

BrookieT said...

I really like that one! Do you use any sprays or gels?

Stacey said...

I usually only use hairspray to seal the deal.
On some of these I have to wax her hair with a pomade to keep the flyaways under control (especially in the winter). And after I wash her hair I put Infusium Anti-frizz stuff on it make it less static-y.

Rachelle said...

That is really cute!

Post a Comment